The same stream of life that runs- is a poem in the Rabindranath Tagore’s poetry collection “Song Offerings” or “Gitanjali” in Bengali. Geetanjali is a remarkable book of verses composed by Rabindranath Tagore (1861-1941), which earned him the Nobel Prize.
It was written originally in Bangla during 1908-1909 and later its English version in prose was published under the title ‘The Song offerings’. It was the first English anthology of Rabindranath published in late 1912 by the India Society of London. On 10 November of the following Year (1913), Rabindranath Tagore was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature for the book Geetanjali.
This recognition introduced Rabindranath worldwide as an exponent of unique poetic talent. Famous Irish poet W B Yeats wrote the introduction of the English version of Geetanjali. Besides, a pencil sketch of the poet drawn by Rothenstain was published in the book. Rabindranath dedicated Geetanjali to WB Yeats.
Serial Number of the song : 69
The same stream of life that runs.
THE SAME stream of life that runs through my veins night and day runs through the world and dances in rhythmic measures.
It is the same life that shoots in joy through the dust of the earth in numberless blades of grass and breaks into tumultuous waves of leaves and flowers.
It is the same life that is rocked in the ocean-cradle of birth and of death, in ebb and in flow.
I feel my limbs are made glorious by the touch of this world of life. And my pride is from the life-throb of ages dancing in my blood this moment.
- In one salutation to thee, my God | Song Offerings, Gitanjali by Rabindranath Tagore
- I boasted among men that I had known you | Song Offerings, Gitanjali by Rabindranath Tagore
- Ever in my life have I sought thee with my songs | Song Offerings, Gitanjali by Rabindranath Tagore
- I dive down into the depth of the ocean of forms | Song Offerings, Gitanjali by Rabindranath Tagore
- When I give up the helm | Song Offerings, Gitanjali by Rabindranath Tagore